Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

karel47

Re: 1/16 Rc FO Tamiya Jagdpanther G2 late

Beitrag von karel47 » Donnerstag 28. August 2014, 19:25

i bought the jagdpanther and sturmtiger from a guy wich was stoping with the hobby ... a good deal brought them into my hands
i was eager for the sturmtiger but this one came up unexpected so i bought them both ...

Bild
Bild
Bild

If your going to build an early jagdpanther, 1944 is the the starting point, on the 6th June D-DAY the westheer didn't have a single operational jagdpanther, they were a very rare vehicle throughout the Normandy campaign, only 14 saw action. fact is that only 47 jagdpanthers had entered German service on any front by 1 August!.

The army heavy AT battalion 654th which is the markings you get with the kit were deployed near Paris in early June 44 having familiarisation training, by late July 44 only one company was ready for action!

BLUECOAT: on the 30 july 654th 2nd company with 3 jagdpanthers blunted the momentum of the British 15th Div(scot's) plus the 6th Guards tank brigade advance towards hill 309, in a brief encounter they knock out 11 Churchill's, before heavy British fire force them to withdraw leaving 2 damaged jagdpanthers on the field!!

FALAISE POCKET: 2 jagdpanthers 654th made it across the seine at elbeut!

ARDENNES: 49 jagdpanthers took part the 654th, and the 560th attached to SS Hitlerjugend and operation 'northwind' saw 8 jagdpanthers of the 654th spearhead the advance of the southern German pincer to meet at Strasbourg!!..

i have still a brandnew in a tamiya box jagdpanther , that one will be the early one with the panther exhausts

Bild more details will be added as time goes by ...
this one is the early configuration
Bild
this one is the later configuration , like on my jagdpanther ...
Bild

Antworten